Re: another use case for RDF

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:05:20 -0000
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "Lisa Seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, "Dan Brickley" <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
> It's forwarded from teh RDF Interest Group. Since Sean is the
> perpetrator, he has likely seen it already and can be clearer about
> the goals, but the basic idea is dealing with spelling mistakes.

Yes, but it's not valid RDF because DanBri's original letter wasn't in RDF.
To get it to work, you'd have to convert an entire letter/page/+ to data,
spell check it, and then convert it back - i.e. as part of a specialized
spell-checker, not an RDF processor.
Having said that, I do like the ideas from Charles/Lisa about using RDF for
spell checking, a thesaurus, a dictionary, etc. DanBri's Wordnet stuff is a
good indicator of what RDF can do, and it would be very easy indeed to
modify it to become a thesaurus or a dictionary. Since Dan is now an
official unlurker on the list, maybe he can chip in :-)

[ :name "Sean B. Palmer" ] :hasHomepage <http://infomesh.net/sbp/> .