Re: Checkpoint mapping between WCAG 1.0 and WCAG 2.0 (fwd)

From: Phill Jenkins/Austin/IBM <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:03:38 -0400
To: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>, WAI ER group <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Len wrote:
>You'll need to decide what "can be checked by a tool" means.

I think we need to focus on "what checks" a tool can make, not "which
checkpoints" can by checked by a tool.  The problem with the latter being
explained by Len.  I see this task as simply mapping the existing
documented checks in ERT to the 1.0 vs 2.0 mapping, or as I proposed in a
separate note, a technology specific checklist that maps to 1.0 vs 2.0.

Regards,
Phill