Re: Checkpoint mapping between WCAG 1.0 and WCAG 2.0 (fwd)

Charles wrote:
>using this mapping as a guide, to produce
>a draft of the techniques that actually looks at which of these things can
be
>checked by a tool.

I looked at Wendy's mapping [1].  It is a good job of comparing WCAG 1.0
with 2.0.  However, tools generally check things that are technology
specific, so I propose to be more productive that we start with the
technology specific checklists and identify those that can be checked [or
are actually implemented] by a tool.  This could be done by  mapping ATAG
and ERT [5] against the technology specific checklists[2].  The problem
with [2] is that I don't think it is complete enough yet to do the mapping.
Perhaps more useful would be to take the new TECHNOLOGY SPECIFIC TECHNIQUES
[3] and map them to the 1.0 vs 2.0 mapping, then add the mapping of ERT and
ATAG tool/machine checks.  The new gateway techniques document [4] does the
mapping already to 1.0, but what I haven't seen yet is the mapping to the
proposed 2.0.

Wendy, could you add to your mapping document [1] three columns "CORE,
HTML, CSS" that come from [3] and [4]?

This may end up being a WIDE table, but the analysis will be useful.  Look
what Wendy found just mapping 1.0 to 2.0 (See [1]).

[1] Checkpoint mapping between WCAG 1.0 and WCAG 2.0
     http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2000/10/checkpoint-mapping.html
[2] Technology-specific Checkpoints
     http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/checkpoints.html
[3] Core, HTML, and CSS Techniques for WCAG 1.0
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-CORE-TECHS-20000920/
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-HTML-TECHS-20000920/
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-CSS-TECHS-20000920/
[4] Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-TECHS-20000920/
[5] Techniques For Accessibility Evaluation And Repair Tools
     http://www.w3.org/TR/AERT

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able