Re: Priorities

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:48:49 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>
> Technique 1.1.K is priority 3.  However, it is a technique of a Priority 1
> checkpoint.

This is a mistake in the ERT. Requiring a text description for ASCII art is
priority 1. 'Provide a means to skip over multi-line ASCII art' is priority
3. So technique 1.1.K should be priority 1.

> If the priority of the WCAG checkpoint is not inherited, then how do we
> define priorities for this document?

The techniques should inherit the priority of the WCAG checkpoint.

> If we are expecting people to conform to it, then I think that implies we
> want to take this to Recommendation status.  Do we want to take it to
> Recommendation or release it as a Note?

What are the politics involved in taking it to a Recommendation? Would it
slow us down?

Chris