Priorities

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:28:04 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Technique 1.1.K is priority 3.  However, it is a technique of a Priority 1
checkpoint.

If the priority of the WCAG checkpoint is not inherited, then how do we
define priorities for this document? I do not believe we can inherit the
priority definitions from WCAG.  The priority definitions would probably be
similar to ATAG [1] yet have to be stated in the context of this document.

If we define priorities for this document, are we expecting people to
conform to it?

If we are expecting people to conform to it, then I think that implies we
want to take this to Recommendation status.  Do we want to take it to
Recommendation or release it as a Note?

thoughts?
--wendy

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/PR-WAI-AUTOOLS-19991026/#priorities