From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:08:20 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>
Just for clarification: is the ERT group calling the new langauge EARL or
EDL? It seems that from all of the latest references to the langauge, only
Len is clear on the matter, "EARL" c.f.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/earl.html However, in the original discussions
about the name change, there seemed to be a 50/50 split. Still, as Len
seems pretty clear that "repair" should be a very important aspect of EDL,
I think it might be wise to rename it even at cost of making to acronym too
"cute". Therefore, if no-one dissents, I'll change the EDL overview into
the EARL overview...and change the scope to explicitly include "repair"
into the mixture. Yes/No?

"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.