Searching [was Web Accessibility Report Tool

It would be good for cases like this for the w3c search tool on the home
page to be able to search individual mailing lists, and have more
sophisticated features in general, e.g. booleon, ranking etc. Right now it
just searches the whole site.  If there are any such features they aren't
documented, at least not by any link near the search tool.

You can kluge a search of individual mailing lists by including
"w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org", but that brings in all summary pages as well as
individual items.

Or is there already such an engine somewhere else, e.g. in the member area?
 Even if there is, we need a public one to esp. in wai where we have lots
of non-members participating.

Anyway, Daniel and Wendy, if there isn't such a tool somewhere, could you
lobby for one?

At 03:37 PM 10/20/99 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have looked for some history on the Report Tool, but can't find what I'm
>looking for.  So, sorry if I'm asking questions that have already been
>hashed out on the list.
>
>are all of the checkpoints represented?  I have not done a checkpoint by
>checkpoint comparison, but it seems that quite a few are missing.  Is that
>because we want to simplify the list?  or perhaps just get the key
>points?  the easiest?
>
>thanks,
>--wendy

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)