Re: RFC for mediator warnings

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 17:15:25 +0100
To: "Silas S. Brown" <ssb22@cam.ac.uk>
cc: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>, w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org, ping@lfw.org

> Is there something wrong with the way I'm using then?

Being specific to HTML in HTTP seems to be counter to general sense
(nowadays).

> 3.  It's more complicated.  This does not encourage authors of other
> gateways to implement it.

If you're worried about complexity, HTTP/1.1 already has a very simple
Warning header that mediators can use to describe changes to any
document. Although not particularly flexible (doesn't support URIs :(
I think it should be able to handle your case.

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.1/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt

Can you check ?