Re: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:19:57 -0000
To: "Silas S. Brown" <ssb22@cam.ac.uk>, <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
z.z    this is not altogether flippant, why is the provider of a multimedia
sensory experience named HTML?

A touch of the academicians, perhaps.

Providing tags for text might be an appropriate nod to other input.

Text labels tend to just pop up, if one can turn them off in IE4 or NN
please let me no sorry is that know? color me dun.

Flesch(-Kincaid) is used in Office97. There are others some advertise how
they work, the number of words with more than 2 syllables in a sentence,
passive sentences, clauses. I am sure you get the picture.
'Here we go' = 100% or year 0.0 By no means the whole truth, but an aid.

jay@peepo.com