Re: New(ish) Test Version Of Betsie

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:12:13 -0400
To: "Bruce Bailey" <bbailey@clark.net>, "Wayne Myers-Education" <wayne.myers@bbc.co.uk>, "WAI ER IG List" <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
Thanks bruce for observing that

>Betsie also could not handle a page that is currently giving Lynx fits at

I took a look with lynx.

This page has two frames, one of which is actually blank, to wit (or witless)
   <HTML>
   <HEAD>
        <TITLE>Untitled</TITLE>
   </HEAD>
   <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
   </BODY>
</HTML>

So we could add a repair rule: omit blank frames

And as special case, if there's just one frame, release it from it's shell.

Actually, I think WAG in effect did this by concatenating frames into a
single page.... I'll have to take a look... gotta run now...

There's also some images with no alt text.

Otherwise reads OK.

Len

-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Universal Design Engineer, Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering
Temple University

Ritter Hall Annex, Room 423, Philadelphia, PA 19122
kasday@acm.org
(215} 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)