employment of Ms. Martinez -- How People with Disabilities Use the Web

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:30:34 +0200
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>, EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Hi Wayne, All,

Ref: <http://www.w3.org/2011/03/25-eo-minutes.html#action08>

Shawn and I have been looking at the suggestion to define an employment
situation for Ms. Martinez scenario.

Of the 8 stories, 4 have clear employment, 2 are non-adults, and 2 are
unspecified, as listed below. In order to not emphasis employment, I
prefer not to add employment to Ms. Martinez.

Employment clear:
* Mr. Jones, Reporter with repetitive stress injury  employment in
title & first paragraph
* Ms. Laitinen, Accountant with blindness  employment in title & first
paragraph
* Mr. Sands, Supermarket assistant with Down syndrome  employment in
title & first paragraph
* Mr. Yunus, Retiree with low vision, hand tremor, and mild short-term
memory loss  "retiree" (in title & first paragraph) implies previous
employment

Employment not relevant:
* Ms. Olsen, Classroom student with attention deficit hyperactivity
disorder (ADHD) and dyslexia  child so employment not appropriate
* Ms. Kaseem, Teenager with deaf-blindness  teenager so employment less
relevant

Employment not stated:
* Mr. Lee, Online shopper with color blindness  employment not mentioned
* Ms. Martinez, Online student who is hard of hearing  employment not
mentioned

Please let me know if you have other opinions on this.

Best,
   Shadi