updated expand/collapse functionality for review

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 12:14:08 +0100
To: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
CC: BAD TF <public-wai-eo-badtf@w3.org>, Artur Ortega <ortega@yahoo-inc.com>, Sylvie Duchateau <sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr>, Jennifer Sutton <jsuttondc@gmail.com>, Wilco Fiers <wfiers@bartimeus.nl>, Liam McGee <liam.mcgee@communis.co.uk>, Ian Pouncey <w3c@ipouncey.co.uk>, Michael Stenitzer <stenitzer@wienfluss.net>
Dear EOWG, contributors, and potentially interested contributors, :)

Please find a test page with updated expand/collapse functionality:
  - <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/2009/excol.html>

In preparation for this week's EOWG discussion we would like to get your
feedback on the following:

#1. Overall functionality
  - are the "Show contents of this section" links within the text good
or should we only use headings for expand/collapse functionality?
  - is placement of expand/collapse buttons (visually icons) on <h3>s
good or should we revert to using them on the <h2>s?
  - placement of "expand all" / "collapse all" buttons before or after
the table of contents?
  - other thoughts or suggestions?

#2. Screen-reader usability
  - the screen-reader buffer should now update well across different
configurations -- please confirm
  - of we keep "Show contents of this section" function, should these
remain as links or be changed to buttons?
  - other thoughts or suggestions?

#3. Visual design
  - suggestions for any of the buttons/links styling is welcome
  - note: the current styling for "Show contents of this section" is
temporary and suggestions for updated styling is welcome
  - slight differences appear on different browsers; would be great if
someone can look at the CSS and propose improvements

Best,
   Shadi