The difference between Standards and Government Documents

From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:19:19 -0700
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
This primarily to Denis, but the rest of the group might be interested.

As I read the document, I notice that the WAI is not concerned with
laws, policies, regulations and guidelines developed by governments.
These are necessary implementation templates for executing WCAG 2.0.
The documents actually discourages developing local Standards.

So, in Canada (Quebec) did you develop a National or Provincial
Standards document, of did you formulate law, policy, regulations and
guidelines?  If you did the latter, then you did exactly the right
thing.  Canada may be held up as an exemplar of good practice.

Could you clarify this.

Wayne

Wayne