Standards, law, policy, and guidelines

From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 21:23:36 -0700
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
I think something like this could go between the first and second
sentence of the Executive Summary.

These entities could improve the impact of their efforts by using
internationally accepted standards, and devoting their energies to
translating these standards into law and the policies and guidelines
needed to implement them.

I know this sounds patronizing, but that will be the problem
throughout.  We don't want local standards, but we do want to be the
template for law.  Saying that in a respectful way is the real trick.

Wayne