For July 9 meeting

From: Sharron Rush <srush@knowbility.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 07:29:52 -0500
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Re:  How People with Disabilities Use the Web:
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/2009/disabilities>Disabilities
and Barriers page
    *
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/2009/disabilities#abilities>Abilities
and Diversity
I like the direction we have gone with this part and suggest the
following for smoother reading.

Suggested edit:
There are many reasons why people experience auditory, cognitive,
neurological, physical, speech, and visual disabilities and there is
wide variation in the degree of any disability. For instance, some
may have disabilities from birth, an illness, or accident, or they
may develop impairments with age. It is not uncommon for people who
acquire functional limitations with age to have no conception of
themselves as a person with a disability.

Each individual is unique. All people have diverse abilities, skills,
tools, preferences, and expectations that can impact how they use the
Web.  Consider the following particular situations, for example:

Best,
Sharron