Re: "Accessible Web Browsing" document (summary and orientation information)

From: Alan Chuter <achuter@technosite.es>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:03:41 +0100
To: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
 >> I think it will be necessary to provide summary and orientation
 >> information to help people find which part is relevant to them.
 >
 > Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this aspect?

I think that as William suggests, a table of contents would be a start.
I assume this is planned but has not been done yet as this is an early
draft [1].

It might also be a list of erroneous problems. People don't speak
clearly enough; I need a bigger screen; I have to turn the lights off; I
have to turn up the volume; I tried increasing text size but it doesn't
work.

I would also respectfully suggest that it might be better not to include
the broken "coming soon" links in WAI draft documents, but rather to
indicate them in text. For example, "[@@@future link to...]".

regards,

Alan

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/adaptive/strategies

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad