Re: "Accessible Web Browsing" document (summary and orientation information)

Hi Alan,

Alan Chuter wrote:
> Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>  >> I think it will be necessary to provide summary and orientation
>  >> information to help people find which part is relevant to them.
>  >
>  > Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on this aspect?
>
> I think that as William suggests, a table of contents would be a start.
> I assume this is planned but has not been done yet as this is an early
> draft [1].

The "page contents" has been in place since the very first draft. Are
you suggestion something different? If so, what?

> It might also be a list of erroneous problems. People don't speak
> clearly enough; I need a bigger screen; I have to turn the lights off; I
> have to turn up the volume; I tried increasing text size but it doesn't
> work.

The headings are intended to address that approach but unfortunately
there isn't that much space in the "page contents" section to include
the full headings. Do you think that the full headings in a table of
contents would be more useful than the current "page contents" links?

> I would also respectfully suggest that it might be better not to include
> the broken "coming soon" links in WAI draft documents, but rather to
> indicate them in text. For example, "[@@@future link to...]".

First, please remember to always refresh. I don't think there are such
links since the previous draft dated "2009/11/25 16:48:18".

Also, I had "@@@respective references section" as link-texts in the
previous drafts. As a work in progress, I think it is fine to have some
clearly marked open issues in working drafts.

Thanks,
   Shadi