Re: "Accessible Web Browsing" document

From: Michael Stenitzer <stenitzer@wienfluss.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:06:48 +0100
To: achuter@technosite.es
CC: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Alan Chuter schrieb:
> I find that one of the easiest and most useful ways to improve the
> legibility of a Web page is to simply turn off CSS. Maybe we could
> include that too.

unfortunately this is not true anymore with some fancy javascript
widgets. slideshows, carrousel and other sliding effects can cause
substantial problems and irritations while using a naked page.

eg http://www.outcut.de/MooFlow/MooFlow.html
turn off CSS and try to scroll down with your mousewheel.

we more and more encounter such problems while testing pages.

but of course: for classic bare html sites CSS-less views are often a
good choice.

cheers, michael

--
Michael Stenitzer | WIENFLUSS information.design.solutions
www.wienfluss.net | proschkogasse 1/5 | wien06at