Visual design for WAI presentation material

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:03:30 -0500
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
EOWG,

We recently designed the WAI presentation material with essentially no design (other than deliberately chosen fonts and <h1>s in W3C blue), assuming that most people would use their own designs. To semi-brand and pretty up the material (partly in case people use the slides as is, without any design work), I've added lines and backgrounds in WAI site colours, and a few other tweaks.

Additionally I've added a footer to the bottom of most slides that says "Developed with material from W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) www.w3.org/WAI/"
(Since this is on the master slide, I don't know if most screen readers will read it or not.)

These design changes are currently implemented in the presentation format version: http://www.w3.org/WAI/presentations/WCAG20_benefits/WCAG20_benefits-presentation-format.ppt
but not yet the HTML version.

*Comments welcome by Tuesday 27 October*.

Question: any *volunteers to add the design elements to the HTML version*? For example, perhaps you know a student who is good with CSS who would enjoy taking it on?

Regards,
~Shawn