Re: Accessibility page for beta.w3.org

Hi all,

This update is much better in my opinion. Some questions:

# "Accessibility is about not disabling people" - interesting word play
though a little unexpected. In formal settings I often hear the term
"excluding" rather than "disabling". Will this term work in a general
setting? Will people understand the idea behind it?

# Examples - the alt-text example is quite lengthy and explains some of
the auxiliary benefits but the others don't. Is that a bug or feature?
I'd personally prefer few sentences *with links to related documents*
about these carry-over benefits (such as to mobile resources etc).

# Keyboard Image - how about an image of a public information kiosk? I
know that accessibility is not about getting a kiosk to work but the
device independence aspect could be clarified that way (and further
underline the carry-over benefits of accessibility).

Best,
  Shadi