Re: An answer to the length issue for WCAG 2.0 Documents.

I have to agree with you here. The whole thing is not meant to be read
end-to-end but is designed to be referred to. That in mind I think the
Understanding document is excellent. It's the main document I refer to
because invariably I'm researching error handling or headings and want
everything in one easy page with the rest of the document at hand but
out of the way.

It also looks a lot prettier and has a better layout than other
documents so it gets my vote all round.

Great write up Wayne.

Henny

On 19 Nov 2008, at 08:13, William Loughborough wrote:

> It's a bit like saying that the shop manual for an automobile is
> "hard reading" or "too long."
>
> Hence Wayne's "The key misunderstanding here is that someone would
> ever need to read either document from end to end."
>
> This is totally a non-issue disguised as something that matters and
> Wayne's description of the process of *using* the documents rather
> than actually *reading* them is spot on.
>
> Love.
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:56 PM, <Anna.Zhuang@nokia.com> wrote:
>  those 3 docs will remain uneasy reading.

---
Henny Swan
Web Evangelist
Member of W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Education and Outreach Group
www.opera.com

Blog: www.iheni.com

Stay up to date with the Web Standards Curriculum www.opera.com/wsc