Re: For review: HTML version of "Benefits of WCAG 2.0" presentation

Isabelle Motte wrote:
> Why not to mention specifically the benefits of WCAG 2.0 compliant web sites
> for search engines referencing ?

Hi Isabelle,

Thank you for your review and comment.

The focus of this presentation is narrow -- why to use WCAG 2.0 over WCAG 1.0 and other guidelines -- and it does not cover the general benefits of accessibility.

One of the early slides had in the Notes: "We'll focus only on the benefits of WCAG 2.0, not other aspects of Web accessibility, and provide references for other information." And there was a reference to the Business Case (which includes the benefits of accessibility for search engine optimization) near the end.

To help address your point, I changed the early text to: "We'll focus only on the benefits of WCAG 2.0 in this presentation, and provide references for other aspects of Web accessibility. The benefits of accessibility overall are covered in Developing a Web Accessibility Business Case for Your Organization, which provide details on the financial, technical, legal, and social benefits."

Best,
~Shawn