Re: Final: Benefits of WCAG 2.0 presentation material

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:40:46 -0500
To: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

> Note: Usually I present this using the "specs" image [1]. I describe the
> idea of "end-to-end accessibility", from authoring to consumption. I
> also mention the accessibility features that need to be present in the
> underlying Web-technologies to make this work-flow happen. Of course I
> also mention that "developers" in this model can equally be people with
> disabilities. I usually spend at least 5 minutes on this slide alone.
> The caveat with this is that the image only includes the acronyms and is
> not useful unless the full names are spelled out somewhere...
>
> [1] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/specs.png> from Essential Components of
> Web Accessibility document <http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components.php>

Thanks for the comments, Shadi.

We discussed including this image and decided that is out of scope for this presentation, which we were trying to make less than 15 mins total, see http://www.w3.org/2008/05/09-eo-minutes#item03

However, the "Notes" for that slide say:
Note to presenters: If you have time, this is a topic that you might want to cover in more detail. For material, see:
- The "About WCAG 2.0" Presentation <www.w3.org/WAI/presentations/WCAG20_about/>
- Essential Components of Web Accessibility <www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components.php>
- WAI Guidelines and Techniques <www.w3.org/WAI/guid-tech.html>

And that "specs" image is covered in detail in the "About WCAG 2.0" Presentation.

Best,
~Shawn