Re: [DRAFT] Revised updated WAI Flyer

hello Judy, Shawn and all,

Here are some comments on the flyer:

1. "The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) promotes a high degree of usability for people with disabilities."
Concern: I'm afraid that people believe that WAI promotes usability and not accessibility.
What does this sentence actually mean?

2. W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) pursues Web
accessibility solutions for people with visual, auditory, physical, cognitive and neurological disabilities."
What about : provides, gives or offers, for "pursues"?

3. The use of titles introducing "WAI activities" and "WAI resources" as well as "participation" seems clearer to me than only using URI's. URIs are clear for people who know the site, but they do not mean anything for people who are new.

4. "Guidelines for Web sites and Web software" is clearer than : "Accessibility Guidelines/Standards".

5. I prefer "translated resources" rather than "multiple languages".

6. I have a question concerning sponsors list:
wouldn't it be clearer to identify through a list the sponsors from government and the sponsors from industry?
Actual wording:
WAI is supported in part by funding from the U.S. Department of Education, the European Commission's Information Society Technologies Programme, Industry
Canada's Assistive Devices Industry Office, CA, Fundación ONCE, HP, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, SAP, Verizon Foundation, and Wells Fargo.

Proposed change:
WAI is supported in part by:
- funding from governments: the U.S. Department of Education, the European Commission's Information Society Technologies Programme;
- Funding from the Industry: Canada's Assistive Devices Industry Office, CA, Fundación ONCE, HP, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, SAP, Verizon Foundation, and Wells Fargo.

Best regards
Sylvie
solutions on the Web for people with visual, auditory, physical, cognitive and neurological disabilities."