RE: EOWG: Updated agenda for 13 October 2006 Teleconference

From: Andrew Arch <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:48:51 +1000
To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

> 3. Trends and Issues
on
> WAI-ARIA?
> - any updates on Web accessibility courses in university settings,
and/or
> accessibility efforts for college & university Web policies? what
factors
> &/or WAI resources seem to be helping (or not)?

1. I attended Web Directions 2006 [1] a couple of weeks ago and most of
the speakers that I listened to mentioned (or discussed in some detail)
the issue of accessibility in reference to their topic. It seems that
standards and accessibility definitely go hand-in-hand these days.

2. WRT universities and accessibility, there is a week of workshops and
conference coming up in Australia later this year - Pathways 8 [2]

3. Most Australian universities have accessibility policies [3]

Regards, Andrew
[1] http://www.wd06.com/
[2] http://www.leishman-associates.com.au/pathways8
[3] http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/info.aspx?page=639#uni
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting
Vision Australia - Accessible Information Solutions
Ph. +61 (0)3 9864 9282; Mob: 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/ais/

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 100 Junk messages and set aside
237 Later for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  www.ellaforspam.com