Re: EOWG action iteam: Components [Tutorial] title

From: Justin Thorp <juth@loc.gov>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:39:28 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

What are we trying to communicate with the name of our self-study slide sets?

The requirements doc says that these need to be "a short, easy overview."
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-components-self#about

I think "mini tutorial" or "10 minute tutorial" both communicate what our goals are with the document.

If we are uncomfortable specifying a time,  I am fine with mini-tutorial.  I also really like quick tutorial.

Cheers,
Justin

******************
Justin Thorp
Contractor - Library of Congress
e - juth@loc.gov
p - 202/707-9541

>>> Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> 10/04/06 2:30 PM >>>

EOWG,

Here is a reminder to share ideas for what to call our self-study slide sets.

The last 2 teleconferences we came up with title ideas and agreed to think more about it. We have tried:
- Components of Web Accessibility: A 10-Minute Tutorial
- Components of Web Accessibility: Mini-Tutorial
- Components of Web Accessibility: A Walk-Through

There is still some concern about "10 Minute Tutorial" as it may take some people longer, especially some people with disabilities. Other ideas that we have had include:
- Components of Web Accessibility Tutorial
- Components of Web Accessibility Primer
More ideas are in the 15 & 22 Sept minutes at:
<http://www.w3.org/2006/09/15-eo-minutes.html >
<http://www.w3.org/2006/09/22-eo-minutes.html >

Notes:
- We probably don't want to use "Overview" or "Introduction" as those are used for other types of WAI resources
- The week before last we decided to: "title the material format-neutral (e.g., don't use the term "slides" in the title)"
- We plan to do others like these, e.g., for the business case.

Please send any other ideas you have to the list, including comments on options above.

Regards,
~ Shawn