Lexicon title concerns

Alan Chuter wrote:
> Introduction: The phrase "Beginners lexicon for WAI documents is to aid
> translators" seems odd. I don't think that beginners would be translating
> these documents. Perhaps something like "may also be of use to
> translators".

>From Henk in just updated Changelog at http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-lexicon.html:
- One remark in a reviewers reaction concerning the Lexicon is not yet covered:
Alan is not happy with the title of the document. Beginners Lexicon for WAI documents. To him translators are not beginners. When discussing this title I suppose we thought in terms of a Lexicon to start with, not that translators are just beginners. An alternative title could be just "Lexicon for WAI documents" and in the introduction more about the real nature of this Lexicon.

===

I agree that "Beginners" in the title adds some opportunity for confusion and misunderstanding. I think the title should be as simple as feasible, and any clarification of scope, etc. be in the introduction. (On the other hand, I always wanted newbies to Web accessibility to be a primary target audience of the document - so maybe it is good to have "Beginner's" in there to help newbies go there. :)

More importantly, I am very concerned that many of our audience will not be familiar with the word "Lexicon" (and some might think it hoity-toity[1]). Other options:
1. [Beginners] Glossary for WAI Documents
2. [Beginners] Glossary (Lexicon) for WAI Documents
3. [Beginners] Glossary/Lexicon for WAI Documents
4. [Beginners] Lexicon (Glossary) for WAI Documents
5. [Beginners] Lexicon/Glossary for WAI Documents

Here are minutes from previous discussion of the title: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2004/0604

[1] Characterized by an exaggerated show of dignity or self-importance: grandiose, pompous, pretentious, puffed-up, puffy, self-important. - http://www.bartleby.com/62/82/H0748200.html