Re: EOWG: Lexicon for your review, pls send comments to list this week

At 02:23 PM 4/20/2005, you wrote:

>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/2005AprJun/0021.html
>
>EOWG:
>
>We will discuss the Lexicon at the teleconference this week, as needed.
>Please send any issues you want to discuss to the list prior to the meeting.
>
>The Lexicon review draft is available online at:
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/lexicon/Overview.html
My editorial comments _..._ injection X...X omission. ?question?

Assistive Technology

**Any item, piece of equipment, or product
_system,_ ?software? [not clear to me what a product system is]
whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that
is used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities of
individuals with disabilities.

Conformance

**A product or service that satisfies all the requirements of ?a?
specification.
?a? ?any? ?some?

?Even if there are none?

Informative

** Information in a specification that is not required for conformance but
that contributes to the _understanding_, correct use and implementation of
the specification.
_Informative is used in contrast with Normative_

Linearized content

** A presentation that arranges web content in a sequential order.
Linear_i_zation changes side-by-side di_s_played content into a one column
format. This should be in a logical reading order.

Normative

** A cr_i_XeXterion that must be satisfied for conformance with a
specification.

Meta data

**Data that describes and/or explains other data. Including items such as
authorship, key words, character set, publication dates and language. The
inclusion of meta data in a web document helps indexing, searching
processes and semantic analysis. _Many markup language elements have
attributes that detail their
meaning._

Normative

** A cr_i_XeXterion that must be satisfied for conformance with a
specification.

Render

** Transformation of machine-readable information into a form perceivable
and usable to a human user. Document markup such as HTML or CSS may be
incomprehensible to the human user, but a user agent may transform it into
a meaningful form. For example a X<strong>X _<em>_HTML element could
indicates that emphasis is intended. The user agent may emphasiXsX_z_e the
content responding to CSS directions by changing font or tone of voice.

Web _A_XaXccessibility

** Web accessibility means that the Web is designed so that people with
disabilities can perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with it
effectively,

Xas well asX
It also means that people with disabilities can create and contribute
content to the Web.