[Policies page] Responsible Ministry, Jurisdiction, Responsible Department or Agency

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:22:18 -0500
To: "'Chuck Letourneau'" <cpl@starlingweb.com>, <kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us>, "'Judy Brewer'" <jbrewer@w3.org>, "'EOWG \(E-mail\)'" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>

EOWG, Chuck, Kathleen, Judy:

In going through the old change requests
(http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/policychangelog.html) for the Policy
page (http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/), I came across: "states &
provincial: Australia: Ministry; Canada: Jurisdiction; US:
Department/Agency"

I think the decision was that we balance consistency with using the most
accurate term for the specific country. Therefore, I propose to add to
the Policy "Format and content notes" (at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/policychangelog.html) that we use
"Responsible Ministry" by default and use other terms (including
"Jurisdiction" and "Responsible Department or Agency") where more
appropriate (and as consistently as appropriate).

EOWG: please send any comments to w3c-wai-eo@w3.org or share them at
Friday's teleconference.

Chuck: please confirm (to wai-eo-editors@w3.org) if we should change the
CA country listing and provinces listing to "Jurisdiction"

Kathleen, Judy: please confirm (to wai-eo-editors@w3.org) if we should
change the US country listing and state listing to "Responsible
Department or Agency"

Thanks,

~Shawn