Re: Illinois Web Accessibility Standards, USA

At 11:52 2002-04-30 -0500, Audrey Gorman wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>As requested, here's the URL for the information on the new standards:
>http://www200.state.il.us/tech/technology/accessibility/

Thanks, Audrey.

>I'd appreciate comments or suggestions, since I'm helping some Illinois
>folks sort out how to use this new information and relate it to both
>Section 508 and WCAG.

I like its organization, and content including rationale explanations for
the points
included. I'd like some graphics in it, with both alt text and link to long
description,
to show the way to make them accessible.

I'm surprised that it includes a basic delivery form of PDF as well as the
html version.
PDF is not the most accessible form. Internally the content allows PDF with
the
expectation that it can be accessible.

"Use of ...PDF... is permissible if used in accordance with the standards
outlined in this document." Does that mean that the presence of the html
alternative means that the PDF version needn't be?

>Best,
>Audrey J. Gorman

Regards/Harvey Bingham