Acronym/Abbr needed in Evaluating Web Sites draft

From: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 08:52:54 -0400
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
In  http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/impl/eval/ - Introduction, first
paragraph, first sentence:

I suggest we add "(WCAG 1.0)" after "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
1.0" to associate the acronym with the expansion.  This is necessary since
the acronym is used later without association. The alternative would be to
use the <acronym> or <abbr> element on the first occurrence of "WCAG 1.0"
later in the introduction.

By the way, is WCAG an acronym or and abbreviation? Some of us pronounce it
as "whu-kag", which would make it an acronym, but some of us spell it out
as "W. C. A. G." which would make it an abbreviation.  Please note: this
question is not intended to distract anyone from more important editing
efforts.  If anyone even mentions this on the conference call, I will hang
up. <grin>

Chuck Letourneau