Re: outreach update

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:10:28 -0700
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
At 03:08 PM 9/29/01 +1000, Andrew Arch wrote:
>others with technological disadvantages.

If I've learned anything by being on the planet this long it is that such
disadvantages will be shorter-lived than has been access to shoes and
indoor plumbing - you can use a cell phone in an outhouse.

In my youth a wrist-watch was an unimaginable luxury and now they're
essentially given away (to pay for their packaging and delivery some small
price is placed, but...). The as-yet-only-dreamt-of "wearable computers"
will experience a similar fate and there will be 6,000,000,000 portable
servers fully equipped with all manner of sensors and interconnections
forming one giant computer.

Our job is to insist on full inclusion at this early stage so that the
dream won't be a nightmare for some (most?) of us as we age, etc.

Anything we write that will further that is worth our while

Keep on keeping on.

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY