RE: New WAI home page redrafts

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 08:04:02 -0400
To: Helle BjarnÝ <hbj@visinfo.dk>, "W3c-Wai-Eo (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
At 02:22 PM 9/1/00 +0200, Helle BjarnÝ wrote:
>Due to server problems I've only glanced at the 3 new drafts and  I prefer
>no. 8:  www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/WAI-home8

Curious, why?

>Regarding news I came to think about when is news news. If I visit a site
>every day the news items from yesterday are old news if I only visit a site
>every 6 month news from May might be interesting. Has W3C a policy for how
>long their news items are presented as news on their home pages?

No W3C-wide policy, no. Generally, WAI home page would rotate off a news
item when the next one comes on. WAI's Sec. 508 comments turns out to still
be of current interest, however; we are getting two or more press inquiries
about it per week. That would change once the final rule is available from
the US Access Board.

>Regards Helle

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)