Re: Braille on the QuickTips card?

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:46:12 +0100
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <unagi69@concentric.net>
Cc: "WAI Education & Outreach Working Group" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
However You are already aware of the aims of WAI and the braille
www.w3.org/wai
 on the Quicktips card adds nothing to your knowledge.

My point was that if one was not aware of the aims another 13 character
message, could say enough to let you ask someone for further information,
not ideal, I realize.

In my experience very few links tell one where one is going. www.w3.org/wai
says nothing without a context.
www.alt.web.org says a little more www.sex.org is more or less in clear as
is blind.org.
"equal access" is not quite good enough.
"quick tips" is english, easy to remember and memorable, the one i used
incidentally.

Between us we should be able to find a phrase that is meaningful and brief,
the web address I feel is secondary, if only just.

Braille is certainly a great benefit for everyone concerned at WAI and their
contacts.
I am not disputing that point.

Jonathan Chetwynd
jay@peepo.com