Re: Please review Note on SMIL accessibility features

From: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:53:58 -0400
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, Robert Neff <robneff@home.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, Geoff Freed <Geoff_Freed@wgbh.org>, Madeleine Rothberg <Madeleine_Rothberg@wgbh.org>, ij@w3.org
At 09:51 AM 8/4/99 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>Robert Neff wrote:
>>
>> here are some comments and just got back form vacation land....
>>
>> 1.  i would like to see pictorial or GIF examples alongside the code.
>
>While I agree that images or illustrations may help explain some
>features, will static images convey the dynamic issues we are
>discussing? Can you say a word about what you would like to see
>in images?

I agree, images usually help me too. In addition to Rob's suggestions, it
would be nice to have images of the SMIL layout examples and maybe some
examples of how the user sees the test attributes in the player etc.
However, it would take still more time and maybe even some negotiation if
we selected one player and not the other etc.

At the moment I think that this document is more focused in the language
and we really need it out soon. Later we can make other documents based on
this for different purposes.

However, if I can easily find some good pictures to illustrate some points
I might add them to the document.

Marja