Re: Fw: Checkpoint 3.3

From: Robert Neff <robneff@home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:21:35 -0700
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman@clark.net>
Cc: "IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>, "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
hi dave,

you have made good points.  i view the original intent of the guidelines as
being overcome by events and now governments (Federal, state and local) will
use these to regulate and enforce.  So how does the W3C move forward.  We
never foresaw this one coming.  We need to corral the guidelines and decide
how to move forward and meet this responsibility.

My first thought is to make this a standard.  It is easier to enforce and
for each office to write guidelines as based upon the standards.  I do not
like the idea that guidelines can be enforced.  Whereas I can accept
standards being enforced.  This is what I am use to doing.

rob