white book on accessibility

From: Dominique Archambault <Dominique.Archambault@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:34:47 +0200
To: Liste WAI EO <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
CC: Dominique Burger <Dominique.Burger@snv.jussieu.fr>
Here is the english version of the document I mentioned in
PeterBorough. It is not a technical document and I didn't try to explain
precisely how to make a page accessible. Guidelines are for that
purpose. In fact the goal is to explain the problems encountered by
disabled people and to show the spirit of accessibility.

I think this kind of document is useful to make people use the
guidelines, or the refcard. The final french version will be proposed to
magazines and sent to Universities in the automn.

We will issue if people who understand this text write almost accessible
html directly, that is if they have only minor modifications to do after
verifying their documents.

The text is perhaps a little bit long : 2500 words.

The fist draft of the english version can be found at :
http://calypso.cher.univ-lehavre.fr/~arch/livreblanc/wb.html

Comments are welcome.

Dominique

Dominique.Archambault@wanadoo.fr
Université du Havre      +33 (0)2 32 92 70 17 / fax +33 (0)2 32 92 70 01
Inserm U483 (on tuesday) +33 (0)1 44 27 34 35 / fax +33 (0)1 44 27 34 38
BrailleNet                    http://www.braillenet.jussieu.fr/education