Re: For the Outreach and Developent Conferences

Harvey,

Thanks for listings, and regarding DCI, B.K. will be attending, also Geoff
Freed (WGBH/NCAM) and Philipp Hoschka (W3C) will be talking about SMIL &
accessibility at an NAW breakfast there.

I plan to attend but will not be presenting at any DCI sessions.

- Judy

At 07:23 PM 8/13/98 -0400, Harvey Bingham wrote:
>Per meeting today, attached are some more forthcoming conferences from DCI
>and GCA. I have little basis for evaluation of DCI conferences, though
>sessions scattered through them deal with web issues. Can anyone else
>speak to these.
>
>The GCA ones I've attended for 12 years. As these have been the forebears
>of structured markup (SGML) and continuations (HTML, XML families), and
>generally have both management and technical content, I will continue to
>advocate there for accessibility. Murray Altheim, Jon Bosak, Tim Bray,
>George Kerscher, Eve Maler, Murray Maloney, Mike Paciello,
>Michael Sperberg-McQueen, Jutta Treviranus, and many others participate in
>these and are accessibility advocates.
>
>I did not list next week's Metadata and XML Developers conferences in
>Montreal, as it is too late to attend those.
>
>Regards/Harvey Bingham
>

>Attachment Converted: "D:\Program Files\Eudora3\Attach\conf.htm"

Judy Brewer   jbrewer@w3.org     617-258-9741
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative International Program Office
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
MIT/LCS Room NE43-355
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139 USA
http://www.w3.org/WAI