For the Outreach and Developent Conferences

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@ACM.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:23:49 -0400
To: Kitch Barnicle <kitch@afb.org>, Jim Allan <allan_jm@tsbl.tsbvi.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Per meeting today, attached are some more forthcoming conferences from DCI
and GCA. I have little basis for evaluation of DCI conferences, though
sessions scattered through them deal with web issues. Can anyone else
speak to these.

The GCA ones I've attended for 12 years. As these have been the forebears
of structured markup (SGML) and continuations (HTML, XML families), and
generally have both management and technical content, I will continue to
advocate there for accessibility. Murray Altheim, Jon Bosak, Tim Bray,
George Kerscher, Eve Maler, Murray Maloney, Mike Paciello,
Michael Sperberg-McQueen, Jutta Treviranus, and many others participate in
these and are accessibility advocates.

I did not list next week's Metadata and XML Developers conferences in
Montreal, as it is too late to attend those.

Regards/Harvey Bingham