W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > April to June 2013

Minutes from AUWG Teleconference on 10 June 2013 1:00pm-2:00pm ET

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:49:19 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB6BEB6A5C@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
http://www.w3.org/2013/06/10-au-minutes.html

Full text:
---
WAI AU
10 Jun 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Jeanne, Jan, Alex, Tom, Sueann
Regrets
    Greg_P., Jutta_T._(partial), Tim_B._(partial), Alastair_C
Chair
    Jan Richards
Scribe
    Jan

Contents

    Topics
        1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)
        3. Proposals arising from the Survey discussion:
        B.4.1.2 Option to Reactivate Features:
        B.4.1.3 Feature Deactivation Warning:
        What to do with B.2.4.4 Identify Template Accessibility (Enhanced)
        4. Implementation report (Jan)
    Summary of Action Items

<scribe> Scribe: Jan

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013AprJun/0071.html
1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)

JS: There is no news...charters are out for approval
... I expect to have news next week

2. SURVEY:

Topic 2. SURVEY:
3. Proposals arising from the Survey discussion:

Results: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013AprJun/0067.html
B.4.1.2 Option to Reactivate Features:

Greg's wording: B.4.1.2 Option to Reactivate Features: The authoring tool does not include the option to permanently turn off its accessible content support features. (Level A)

<jeanne> +1 to greg's wording

JR: Alastair agreed with the wording

Proposal from the survey: B.4.1.2 Option to Reactivate Features: The authoring tool does not include the option to turn off its accessible content support features or the features can be turned back on. (Level A)

AL: Personally prefers the original proposal

JR: I will follow-up with Greg on this.

JS: I could do a survey.
B.4.1.3 Feature Deactivation Warning:

Proposed: B.4.1.3 Feature Deactivation Warning: The authoring tool does not include the option to turn off its accessible content support features or, when turning off these features, authors are informed that this may increase the risk of content accessibility problems (WCAG). (Level AA)

Greg proposed this: B.4.1.3 Feature Deactivation Warning: The authoring tool does not include the option to turn off its accessible content support features or, if these features can be disabled, authors are informed that this may increase the risk of content accessibility problems (WCAG). (Level AA)

SN: OK with Gregs wording

TB: OK with it

JS: improvement

Resolution: Change B.4.1.3 wording to: B.4.1.3 Feature Deactivation Warning: The authoring tool does not include the option to turn off its accessible content support features or, if these features can be disabled, authors are informed that this may increase the risk of content accessibility problems (WCAG). (Level AA)
What to do with B.2.4.4 Identify Template Accessibility (Enhanced)

'http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013AprJun/0073.html

JS: I'd like to see if we can address this a different way
... Though I know "all templates" accessible isn't feasible

JR: Maybe for the survey?

AL: Yes, would like to chew on it
4. Implementation report (Jan)

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2ImplementationReport.html

JR: Reminder to Microsoft and IBM
... Next meeting June 17



(MR) JAN RICHARDS
PROJECT MANAGER
INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
OCAD UNIVERSITY

T 416 977 6000 x3957
F 416 977 9844
E jrichards@ocadu.ca


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
> Sent: June-09-13 10:23 PM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 10 June 2013 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
> 
> Please remember the new time!
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 10 June 2013 at 1:00 pm-
> 2:00 pm ET:
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> Zakim: +1.617.761.6200       (Boston)
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please send me an
> email beforehand.
> 
> Most Recent Editors Drafts
> =====================
> ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-ATAG20-20130604/
> 
> Implementing ATAG 2.0
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20130220/
> 
> Test Resources:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2-10April2012PublicWD-Tests
> 
> Implementation Report:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2ImplementationReport.html
> 
> 
> Agenda
> ======
> 
> 1. Re-chartering update (Jeanne)
> 
> 2. SURVEY:
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523
> Results: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20130523/results
> 
> 3. Proposals arising from the Survey discussion:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2013AprJun/0067.html
> 
> 4. Implementation report (Jan)
> - I was able to talk to someone at Benetech who added some examples
> - Another possibility is Apple's "iBook Author". Is anyone familiar with it?
> 
> - Please send in your additions/edits in the following format:
>  SC#-Level-Product-Status
> E.g. A.1.1.1-LevelA-Drupal-Yes
> 
> Cheers,
> Jan
> 
> (MR) JAN RICHARDS
> PROJECT MANAGER
> INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
> OCAD UNIVERSITY
> 
> T 416 977 6000 x3957
> F 416 977 9844
> E jrichards@ocadu.ca
> 
> 
Received on Monday, 10 June 2013 17:49:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:40:05 UTC