Re: Survey for AUWG for 27 May (B.4.1.2 and B.4.1.3)

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:02:44 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
After considering the wording of all the SCs in B.4.1 - see below (which us the phrases turn on and turn off), I think I prefer my original proposal (with one change...."the features" becomes "those features"):

B.4.1.2 Option to Reactivate Features: The authoring tool does not include the option to turn off its accessible content support features or those features can be turned back on. (Level A)

Other B.4.1 SCs:

B.4.1.1 Features Active by Default: All accessible content support features are turned on by default. (Level A)

 [NEW WORDING APPROVED ON JUNE 10 CALL]
B.4.1.3 Feature Deactivation Warning: The authoring tool does not include the option to turn off its accessible content support features or, if these features can be turned off, authors are informed that this may increase the risk of content accessibility problems (WCAG). (Level AA)