W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2012

Minutes for AUWG Teleconference on 30 July 2012 3:00pm-4:00pm ET

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocadu.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:49:09 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0B1EB1C972BCB740B522ACBCD5F48DEB03AC7D2B@ocadmail-maildb.ocad.ca>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2012/07/30-au-minutes.html

Full text:
WAI AU

30 Jul 2012

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jan, Alex, Jutta, Jeanne, Tim_Boland, +1.970.349.aaaa, Sueann
Regrets
Cherie, E.
Chair
Jutta Treviranus
Scribe
Jan
Contents

Topics
2. Test written to date:
Summary of Action Items
Proposal: 6. A list of the *web content technologies produced by the authoring tool that are included in the claim*. If there are any web content technologies produced by the authoring tool that are *not included* in the conformance claim, these must be listed separately. <NEW>If the authoring tool produces any web content technologies by default, then these must be *included*.</NEW>
JR: Two "danger" cases...one where the problematic format is deafult (which this covers)...the other is when it is a secondary format that is problematic (not covered)
JT: Anyone else have concerns
B.4.1.1 Features Active by Default: All accessible content support features are turned on by default. (Level A)
B.2.2.1 Accessible Option Prominence (WCAG): If authors are provided with a choice of authoring actions for achieving the same authoring outcome (e.g., styling text), then options that will result in accessible web content (WCAG) are at least as prominent as options that will not. (Level A to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A success criteria; Level AA to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA success criteria;...
scribe: Level AAA to meet all WCAG 2.0 success criteria)
JT: But no explicit guidance
... Other example is video formats...one supporting captions, other not
... Need not be a negative statement...could be positive..."in order to create accessible videos with captions...use this format"
... Not a critique of one file format...
... I'm reticent to remove this entirely.
... We very often talk to developers after the fact and they say "if only we knew..."
AL: Comes down to practiacality and practical way to not infringe on other technologies in a negative way...in theory possible ...but no suggestions
2. Test written to date:

JS: New document: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JulSep/0025.html
JT: Given the size of testing task...
... We'd like to create a sub-group....
... to write the test cases.
JS: I think we should go ahead.
AL: Can we just do it on a survey
JS: Sorry that's too much copy-paste
AL: I think you can do survey with just a link, not full on copy-paste...having survey is a nudge to people to do things
JR: Are you saying we could have a survey with only a few questions?
AL: Maybe per SC?
JT: Alternative approach, have the subgroup prepare and vet the document and then give3 the whole doc to the rest of the group for review.
... Updates Sueann...
JS: There can be multiple tests per SC
SN: Is there a model - how have other groups done it?
AL: Survey per technique....it helps the group make foreward progress.
JS: Sorry I would rather spend time working on the tests.
SN: Can other people make surveys.
JR: Maybe we hold off on the surveys
JS: I'm away next week
JT: And its a CDN holiday
... So if no objections to the subgroup working on tests...
... Aug 6 - no call...
... Aug 13, testing subgroup call
... Any idea about the WG meeting?
<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20120612/results
JR: We agreed not to meet at TPAC
... GP offered to host.
JT: We could host as well.
... So for the next survey...wording for B.4.1.3...plus potential meeting dates
... Will send some dates when I'm available to start it off
SN: Can definitely look into hosting in Boca in Nov+
JT: Anything else to cover?
JR: So far the sub-group is Jeanne, Tim and Jan....we'll send an email to the group.
Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]


(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jrichards@ocadu.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844 
Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/ 
Faculty of Design | OCAD University


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richards, Jan [mailto:jrichards@ocadu.ca]
> Sent: July-30-12 10:16 AM
> To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
> Subject: AUWG Teleconference on 30 July 2012 3:00pm-4:00pm ET
> 
> There will be an AUWG teleconference on Monday 30 July 2012 at 3:00 pm-
> 4:00 pm ET:
> Call: (617) 761-6200 ext. 2894#
> Zakim: +1.617.761.6200       (Boston)
> IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #au
> 
> If people think they will arrive more than 15 minutes late, please send me an
> email beforehand.
> 
> Last Call Drafts
> ===========
> http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/
> http://www.w3.org/TR/IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20/
> 
> Agenda
> ======
> 
> 1. What to do with B.4.1.3 Feature Availability Information
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JulSep/0020.html
> 
> 2. Test written to date:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JulSep/0021.html
> + tests for B.3
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2012JulSep/0022.html
> ...so we should be down to approx.. 34 SC's still needing tests.
> 
> 3. Selecting new tests to write
> 
> Cheers,
> Jan
> 
> (MR) JAN RICHARDS
> PROJECT MANAGER
> INCLUSIVE DESIGN RESEARCH CENTRE (IDRC)
> 
> T 416 977 6000 x3957
> F 416 977 9844
> E jrichards@ocadu.ca
> 
> Twitter @OCAD
> Facebook www.facebook.com/OCADUniversity
> 
> OCAD UNIVERSITY
> 205 Richmond Street West, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada  M5V 1V3
> www.ocadu.ca idrc.ocadu.ca
> 
Received on Monday, 30 July 2012 19:49:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 30 July 2012 19:49:33 GMT