Minor ATAG2 rewording proposal regarding accessibility-supported requirement

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocad.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:06:40 -0400
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Hi all,

I wonder if the current wording might be unnecessarily severe and legal sounding. Also this clarifies how we have handled WCAGWG's concern about our use of the word conformance. Please let me know on the list if you object.

CURRENT:
For the purposes of ATAG 2.0 conformance, the accessibility-supported requirement is waived.

PROPOSED:
ATAG 2.0 does not include the accessibility-supported requirement. As a result, ATAG 2.0 success criteria do not refer to WCAG 2.0 "conformance", but instead refer to "meeting WCAG 2.0 success criteria".

jrichards@ocad.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844
Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/
Faculty of Design | OCAD University