AUWG Update: ATAG2 comment responses, next public working draft

From: Richards, Jan <jrichards@ocad.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:57:42 -0400
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Hi all,

Jeanne, Jutta and I discussed the following after the meeting today:

Re: using a survey to do the comment responses:
- we decided that it is not a good solution...
- Each question takes Jeanne approx. 5 mins to encode and then all of the WG members would have to complete a 100+ question survey.
- Instead we are going to send a series of HTML files to the list that has an additional column for recording any issues. If you have no issues, it will be sufficient to simply say so in a message to the list.

Re: Publishing next (non-Last Call public working draft):
- we do not need to send comment responses until we plan to move to the next stage.
- while we will not wait THAT long, this means we can publish a (non-Last Call) public working draft without having finalized the comment responses (we can then use the comment period for this publication to finish off the responses).
- so Jeanne will start preparing to publish
- and we will likely vote on whether to publish on our April 11 call, but hopefully people will say something earlier if they spot an issue

(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.
jrichards@ocad.ca | 416-977-6000 ext. 3957 | fax: 416-977-9844
Inclusive Design Research Centre (IDRC) | http://idrc.ocad.ca/
Faculty of Design | OCAD University