W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > April to June 2011

Minutes of AUWG teleconference of 6 June

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 17:05:08 -0400
Message-ID: <4DED4104.7020308@w3.org>
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html

IRC Log:
http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: AL to look into implementations of alt-text
    association saving (B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse) [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR clarify for accessible templates that there may be
    no instructions for blank document type templates. [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to acknowledge that dynamic content does provide a
    challenge to determining a "status" [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to look up what was decided about prominence and
    apply it to UAWG6 [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to propose conditional on inaccessible potential
    [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to reword using programmatically associated or
    similar term (AL may suggest term) [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to reword with conditional on potential for
    accessibility problems. [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action05]


Text of Minutes:
    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                 WAI AU

06 Jun 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011AprJun/0051.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Greg, Tim, Jan, Jeanne, Alex, Cherie

    Regrets
           Sarah, P.

    Chair
           Jan Richards

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Extending the public comments
          2. [6]Open Action Review
          3. [7]Survey reviewing the AA comments
          4. [8]B.2.2 - GL28
          5. [9]B.2.2 - GL29
          6. [10]B.2.2 - OC23
          7. [11]B.2.2 - IBM53
          8. [12]B.2.2 - IBM54
          9. [13]B.2.4 - MS50
         10. [14]B.2.4 - GL30
         11. [15]B.2.4 - OC26
         12. [16]B.2.5 - GG7
         13. [17]B.2.5 - UAWG6
         14. [18]B.2.5 - MS51
         15. [19]B.2.5 - MS52
         16. [20]B.2.5 - MS53
         17. [21]B.2.5 - MS54
         18. [22]B.2.5 - MS55
         19. [23]B.2.5 - MS56
         20. [24]B.2.5 - GL41
      * [25]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    trackbot, start meeting

    <trackbot> Meeting: Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines Working
    Group Teleconference

    <trackbot> Date: 06 June 2011

    <Jan> Scribe: jeanne

    <scribe> scribe: jeanne

Extending the public comments

    JR: We have only received comments from 1 person, we could postpone
    2 weeks and send a reminder.

    Alex: We are still reviewing.

    Greg: How about 2nd week in July?

    Jeanne: I was hoping to just do 2 weeks.

    Greg: We have to address Andrew's comments which missed the deadline
    last time.

    Jan: What if we re0submitted Andrew's comments

    Greg: that would be ok.
    ... July 1 would be a natural stop, the end of a quarter

    Jeanne: I really want to keep pushing to move forward - if we wait
    too long, it won't be urgent.

    Jan: It has already been May 24 deadline, so 2 weeks is a month
    delay.
    ... maybe we should let it go. We are still making changes based on
    the Microsoft comments. Incorporate the comments we have received in
    the current discussion

    <Jan> Resolution: Not to re-open comment period on the April 26
    public WD.

    Greg: schedule?

    Jan: Finish the comments, publish another draft in 4 weeks and then
    if there are no comments, we can go to Last Call.

    Alex: I don't think this group can afford to cycle another Last
    Call.

Open Action Review

    <Jan> [26]http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/tracker/actions/open

      [26] http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/tracker/actions/open

Survey reviewing the AA comments

    <Jan> [27]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110503/results#xq30

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110503/results#xq30

    Jan: Jutta wants this to be AA

    Alex: Metadata is a vague term, when you only need an association.

    Jan: I'm open to other terms.

    <Jan> ACTION: JR to reword using programmatically associated or
    similar term (AL may suggest term) [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-340 - Reword using programmatically
    associated or similar term (AL may suggest term) [on Jan Richards -
    due 2011-06-13].

B.2.2 - GL28

    <Jan> Resolution: Accept the response to GL28

B.2.2 - GL29

    <Jan> Resolution: Accept the response to GL29

B.2.2 - OC23

    <Jan> Skip over this due to action item on MS49

B.2.2 - IBM53

    Alex: Dynamic user content is the new issue.

    Jan: The checker can only give status on what the checker can check.
    Even if the content is dynamic, the report can still be generated.

    Alex: Then it has to be in a slice of time that has to be
    acknowledged and the association may not be able to be made

    <Jan> ACTION: JR to acknowledge that dynamic content does provide a
    challenge to determining a "status" [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-341 - Acknowledge that dynamic content
    does provide a challenge to determining a "status" [on Jan Richards
    - due 2011-06-13].

B.2.2 - IBM54

    <Jan> Skip over this due to action item on MS49

B.2.4 - MS50

    Jan: What I mean is that the program would save the association of
    alt text with the image

    <Jan> ACTION: AL to look into implementations of alt-text
    association saving (B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse) [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-342 - Look into implementations of
    alt-text association saving (B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse) [on Alex Li -
    due 2011-06-13].

    Jeanne: Every clipboard gallery that I have worked with saves the
    title of the image - if for no other reason than for searching.

B.2.4 - GL30

    <Jan> Wait for AL's action.

B.2.4 - OC26

    <Jan> Wait for AL's action.

B.2.5 - GG7

    <Jan> GG7

    Cherie: you can ignore my commment then.

    <Jan> Resolution: All accept response to GG7.

B.2.5 - UAWG6

    JAn: I believe we changed the definition of prominence on the list.

    <Jan> ACTION: JR to look up what was decided about prominence and
    apply it to UAWG6 [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-343 - Look up what was decided about
    prominence and apply it to UAWG6 [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].

B.2.5 - MS51

    Jan will reword with a standard conditional

    <Jan> ACTION: JR to reword with conditional on potential for
    accessibility problems. [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-344 - Reword with conditional on potential
    for accessibility problems. [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].

B.2.5 - MS52

    <Jan> Wait for AL's action.

B.2.5 - MS53

    <Jan> Wait for JR's action on prominence.

    <Jan> B.2.5 - MS54

B.2.5 - MS54

    Jan: some templates won't let you post until you have entered some
    minimal information. That's what I meant by minimal instructions.

    Alex: It makes sense to me here, but I won't know what a minimal
    instruction when there is a blank template.

    Jan: As soon as it reaches the point of publishing, that is when we
    have to test it.
    ... in the case of blank templates, there would be no instructions

    <Jan> ACTION: JR clarify for accessible templates that there may be
    no instructions for blank document type templates. [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-345 - Clarify for accessible templates
    that there may be no instructions for blank document type templates.
    [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].

B.2.5 - MS55

    <Jan> ACTION: JR to propose conditional on inaccessible potential
    [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-346 - Propose conditional on inaccessible
    potential [on Jan Richards - due 2011-06-13].

B.2.5 - MS56

    <Jan> Wait for other answers.

B.2.5 - GL41

    <Jan> Didn't finish GL41...

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: AL to look into implementations of alt-text
    association saving (B.2.3.4 Save for Reuse) [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR clarify for accessible templates that there may be
    no instructions for blank document type templates. [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to acknowledge that dynamic content does provide a
    challenge to determining a "status" [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to look up what was decided about prominence and
    apply it to UAWG6 [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to propose conditional on inaccessible potential
    [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to reword using programmatically associated or
    similar term (AL may suggest term) [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: JR to reword with conditional on potential for
    accessibility problems. [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/06-au-minutes.html#action05]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 6 June 2011 21:05:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 6 June 2011 21:05:35 GMT