Implementation update

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:15:38 +0100
To: "Richards, Jan" <jrichards@ocad.ca>
CC: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Hi Jan,

Regarding example implementations, I've just been reviewing the last version:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/att-0049/implementation_report_rev7.html

Defacto CMS is already against some, you can add it to:

B.3.4.1 & B.3.4.2 Model Accessible Practice: Most things are not explicitly mentioned because you can only use the accessibility option, but the training materials do cover alt-text and headings.

A.3.7.1 Return Mechanism: Assuming that this process meets that requirement:
- On an an edit view you can 'save & preview' which goes to a preview of content.
- Then using a toolbar at the top of the preview to go back to the editing view.

A.3.7.2 Preview (by a), with a browser based preview.

A.3.6.2 Respect Platform Settings: respects browser display settings.

B.1.1.2 Accessible Content Production.

B.2.5.6 Pre-Authored Content Selection Mechanism: Defacto has a system of 'panels' (e.g. a media panel, an RSS panel) which I think count as 'pre-authored content'. You select one, change some attributes (e.g. it's heading, number of items to show etc), and add it to a page.

Kind regards,

-Alastair