W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > October to December 2010

Minutes of AUWG Teleconference of 18 October

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:00:03 -0400
Message-ID: <4CBCB553.7010608@w3.org>
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/18-au-minutes.html

Text of minutes (for future archive searching)

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                                 WAI AU

18 Oct 2010

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0008.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/18-au-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Jeanne, Jan, Jutta, Greg, Andrew

    Regrets
           Sueann, N.

    Chair
           Jutta Treviranus

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Planning for additional calls to handle the high
             volume of proposals
          2. [6]2. "Claimants" issue - IBM58, IBM59, and IBM60
          3. [7]3. ATAG 2.0 Conformance Proposal
          4. [8]4. ATAG2 proposal on use of structure
          5. [9]Next Meeting
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <Jan> zaki, code?

    <Jan> Scribe: jeanne

    <Jan>
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0008.h
    tml

      [11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0008.html

1. Planning for additional calls to handle the high volume of proposals

    <Jan>
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0007.h
    tml

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0007.html

    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0007.h
    tml

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0007.html

1. Planning for additional calls to handle the high volume of
proposals.

    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.h
    tml

      [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.html

    JR: because we have so many comments that we can't get through in 1
    hour calls, we propose scheduling some half day meetings

    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.h
    tml

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.html

    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.h
    tml

      [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.html

    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0002.h
    tml

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0002.html

    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0004.h
    tml

      [18] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0004.html

    JS: Can make most days work except Thursday, and I can move a single
    Thursday.

    [discussion of Jutta's limited availability]

    <Jan> Oct 29...works for Jutta, Jan, Jeanne

    <Jan> Jeanne has something 130-300p

    <Jan> Ok for Andrwe

    <Jan> 900-1200 ET

    <Jan> Resolution: A supplemental meeting 9-12ET on Oct 29

2. "Claimants" issue - IBM58, IBM59, and IBM60

    <Jan>
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.h
    tml

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.html

    <Jan> In order to address the comments IBM58, IBM59, and IBM60, we
    propose to

    <Jan> follow the example set by WCAG which does not specify who a
    claimant can be.

    <Jan> We propose the following changes to ATAG:

    <Jan> 1. Remove #4 Claimants may be anyone (e.g., authoring tool
    developers,

    <Jan> journalists, other third parties).

    <Jan> 2. Remove #5 parenthetical clause "(including claims that
    include

    <Jan> products for which they are not responsible)"

    <Jan> Resolution: All accept action at
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.h
    tml

      [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.html

3. ATAG 2.0 Conformance Proposal

    <Jan>
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.h
    tml

      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.html

    <scribe> ACTION: jeanne to update the ATAG 2.0 document with the
    proposal of
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.h
    tml [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/18-au-minutes.html#action01]

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.html

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-302 - Update the ATAG 2.0 document with
    the proposal of
    [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.h
    tml [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-10-25].

      [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.html

"Claimants" issue - IBM58, IBM59, and IBM60

ATAG 2.0 Conformance Proposal

    JR: I worked on it with Tim Boland, who did not completely agree on
    this proposal.

    It goes through the full and partial conformance levels to Part 1,
    Part 2 and Part 3.

    scribe: for example, a checker would claim conformance to parts 1 &
    3. A simple tool would claim conformance to 1 & 2, and a full
    featured too would claim conformance to 1, 2, & 3.

    GP: So a claimant could claim 1 & 2, optionally 3.

    JR: No, for example, Achecker would claim 1 & 3.
    ... Tim's concerns were general - Does this meet the QA standards of
    clearly checkable standards?
    ... the checking and repair is the hardest piece, so we are pulling
    back from that by separating it into its own part.

    <Jan> JS: I like it...

    <Jan> JS: I also like the change to 1,2,3

    JR: Does anyone have a concern about it?

    AR: no concerns at this minute

    <Jan> AR: No concern

    <Jan> GP: Support it

    GP: I support it, I like it

    JT: It achieves what we want and retains the A & B framing.

    <Jan> Resolution: All accept proposal at:
    [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.h
    tml

      [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.html

    Resolution: Accept the rewording of Topic: 3. ATAG 2.0 Conformance
    Proposal

    <Jan>
    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.h
    tml

      [26] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0104.html

4. ATAG2 proposal on use of structure

    <Jan>
    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.h
    tml

      [27] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.html

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to update document with the text from
    [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.h
    tml [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/18-au-minutes.html#action02]

      [28] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.html

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-303 - Update document with the text from
    [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.h
    tml [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-10-25].

      [30] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.html

ATAG2 proposal on use of structure

    JR: The most difficult comment to deal with is that "we want to hide
    complexity and structure from the user". There are times when
    simplicity will help accessibility.
    ... I moved it to AA. I tried up a number of alternatives, but
    finding the code behind the method calls, may be useful.

    [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.h
    tml

      [31] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.html

    scribe: obviously, this is useful for a big, big web document.
    What's the definition of a big, big web document?
    ... where do we draw the line and how do we draw the line?

    JT: There are a lot of assumptions that aren't stated, but if we
    state them, it becomes too complex

    JS: I think that with good examples, we can make it more clear.

    <Jan> JR: Another possibility is to keep what we have at AA or
    AAA...since I don't think it is essential

We have a meeting on the 25th when Jutta is away, but we can set up a
survey so that those with regrets can participate.

    GP: I have regrets for 25th as well, but will participate with the
    survey.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to update document with the text from
    [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.h
    tml [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/18-au-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne to update the ATAG 2.0 document with the
    proposal of
    [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.h
    tml [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/18-au-minutes.html#action01]

      [32] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010OctDec/0001.html
      [34] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JulSep/0102.html

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________
Received on Monday, 18 October 2010 21:00:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 18 October 2010 21:00:29 GMT