W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2009

Minutes of AUWG Teleconference of 28 September 2009

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:14:24 -0400
Message-ID: <4AC12730.1090005@w3.org>
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Minutes
http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-minutes

IRC Log
http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-irc

Text of Minutes

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

  Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

28 Sep 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0063.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Greg_Pisocky, Jan, Jeanne, SueAnnN, Tim_Boland, Treviranus

    Regrets
           Ann, McMeekin

    Chair
           Jutta Treviranus

    Scribe
           Greg_Pisocky

Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 28 September 2009

    <jeanne> hi, just started trackbot, I havne't entered in anything
    else yet.

    <scribe> Meeting: WAI AU

    public-atag2-comments@w3.org

    <scribe> Scribe: Greg_Pisocky

    [6]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0063.ht
    ml

       [6] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0063.html

    [7]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0033.ht
    ml

       [7] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0033.html

    <Greg> Review of Action Items around techniques

    <Greg> 1- Part A Techniques reviews:

    <Greg>
    [8]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0033.ht
    ml

       [8] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0033.html

    <Greg> - Tim and Andrew have sent reviews.

    <scribe> ACTION: GP to review section A.3.4-7 for Techniques
    [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-189 - Review section A.3.4-7 for
    Techniques [on Greg Pisocky - due 2009-10-05].

    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0053.h
    tml

      [10] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2009JulSep/0053.html

    <Greg> SN A.3.1 - A.3.3, TB A.4

    <Greg> New assignements for part B

    <Greg> Action TB to get B.1

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - TB

    <scribe> ACTION: TB to Review techniques for B.1 [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - TB

    <scribe> ACTION: JT to Review techniques for B.2.1 [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-190 - Review techniques for B.2.1 [on
    Jutta Treviranus - due 2009-10-05].

    <Greg> Jan: Let's think about the publishing schedule. Aim for a
    stablization draft by the end of October

    <Greg> End of October appears to be doable.

    <Greg> Internal deadline is October 16, 2009

    <Greg> JR: Please come prepared with solutions to accompany any
    critiques you may have

    For discussion and approval of publishing on Oct. 19

    <Greg> JT: We discussed repositioning techniques from how they were
    drafted in ATAG 1.0 to be more of an "understanding" document.

    <Greg> Jan: Are there any objections to repositioning techniques to
    be an "Understanding ATAG 2.0" type of document?

    Resolution: Re-position ATAG 2.0 Techniques to become Understanding
    ATAG 2.0

    <Greg> Success criteria proposed for B.2.1.x

    <Greg> JT: The proposal can be reconstructed from a discussiont we
    had (JT and JR)

    Email exchange between Jan and Jutta....

    JT: Maybe good to merge into one success criterion
    ... What we are trying to communicate is htat authoring tool would
    give author some info on the accessiblity impact of technology
    choices
    ... Info that supports them on deciding what choices to make
    ... Info would include info about authoring tool's support of that
    tech, possibility links to eternal info on making that tech
    accessible

    ]JT: Primary idea is to help users make intelligent choices before
    they make them...to prevent need for repair later

    JT: Make sense

    GP: Basic idea ok

    JR: Most basic level would be documenting degree of support for
    authoring accessibily with that tool in that tech

    JS: Particularly with a toolkit...where would repository of this
    info be...

    JT: Explain?
    ... Toolkits (DOJO, JQuery) etc. have info on accessibility support,
    degree of ARIA support....
    ... An authoring tool that made use of them could pick up that
    information

    JS: Some kind of central repositpry we could point to?

    JT: Yes
    ... There are some large international projects monitoring these
    things
    ... Within our "Understanding ATAG" can we point to external things?

    JR: Yes

    JT: Another example .... author wants to add video...multiple
    formats have different abilities re: captions etc.
    ... Best to know wthis info ahead of time

    JR: To send wording on Tuesday to the list

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: GP to review section A.3.4-7 for Techniques [recorded
    in [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: JT to Review techniques for B.2.1 [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: TB to Review techniques for B.1 [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/28-au-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________
Received on Monday, 28 September 2009 21:15:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:39:57 UTC