W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2008

Re: Minutes from AUWG Teleconference of Sep 8

From: Jutta Treviranus <jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:27:48 -0400
Message-Id: <p0624081dc4eb47f61008@[192.168.90.195]>
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

Apologies for missing the call today. I'm in Stuttgart at the ISO 
meetings. I was going to use Skype to call in and the hotel internet 
went down 8 minutes before the meeting and just came up again now.

One piece of news I have is that the Information and Communication 
regulations in the Province of Ontario hope to use ATAG 2.0 as a 
requirement. The draft regulations are undergoing stakeholder 
consultations, then public review this fall and it is expected that 
the regulations will be enacted in the spring. This presents a real 
deadline for finalizing ATAG 2.0.

There is also discussion here at ISO about creating an ISO standard 
based on ATAG.

Jutta

At 9:52 PM +0100 9/8/08, Ann McMeekin wrote:
>WAI-AU
>08 Sep 2008
>
>Agenda
>
>See also: IRC log
>Attendees
>
>Present
>     JR, JS, AR, AM, GP, DS, SN, TB
>Regrets
>     RS
>Chair
>     Jan_Richards
>Scribe
>     jeanne, AnnM, Ann McMeekin
>
>Contents
>
>     * Topics
>          1. welcome Sueann
>          2. F2F in October
>          3. Action Items from August
>          4. Action item review
>     * Summary of Action Items
>
>
>
>
>
><jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/meetings/scribing.html
>
><Greg> Conformance with WCAG 2.0 represents the required level of 
>accessibility conformance in this stand, though nothing in the 
>standard prohibits an author from achieving conformance with a more 
>stringent governing standard as long as conformance to WCAG 2 is 
>satisfied.
>welcome Sueann
>
>Sueann is joining AUWG in place of Mike Squillace, who has been 
>promoted and sadly doesn't have time to focus on AUWG at the moment.
>F2F in October
>
>Item 1 - discussion on Face to Face meeting at TPAC in Cannes
>
><jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2008/10f2f
>
><jeanne> Hostellerie du Golf
>
><Greg> I will not be able to attend
>
><jeanne> ACTION: JS to send a list of alternate hotels in Mandelieu 
>area to the mailing list. [recorded in 
>http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action01]
>
><trackbot> Created ACTION-15 - Send a list of alternate hotels in 
>Mandelieu area to the mailing list. [on Jeanne Spellman - due 
>2008-09-15].
>
>potential attendees: AM, AR, JR (or JT), JS, Matt May (in place of GP)
>
><Jan> Dana: Will be in Europe at the time and will join F2F if she 
>can otherwise by phone
>
>TB will not be able to attend
>
>Sueann is not sure at present
>
>GP will try and join by teleconference
>
><jeanne> ACTION: JS to reserve conference bridge for F2F. [recorded 
>in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action02]
>
><trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Reserve conference bridge for F2F. 
>[on Jeanne Spellman - due 2008-09-15].
>
>GP can set up a connect meeting room and that will enable us to 
>share desktop information, etc.
>
><jeanne> ACTION:GP to set up a Connect meeting room for the F2F 
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action03]
>
><Jan> http://www.w3.org/2008/08/11-au-minutes.html#ActionSummary
>Action Items from August
>Action item review
>
>that's ok :)
>
><Greg> Conformance with WCAG 2.0 represents the required level of 
>accessibility conformance in this stand, though nothing in the 
>standard prohibits an author from achieving conformance with a more 
>stringent governing standard as long as conformance to WCAG 2 is 
>satisfied.
>
><AnnM_> (sorry, i got booted)
>
><jeanne> Conformance with WCAG 2.0 represents the required level of 
>accessibility conformance in this stand, though nothing in the 
>standard prohibits an author from achieving conformance with an 
>alternate governing standard as long as conformance to WCAG 2 is 
>satisfied.
>
><Jan> http://www.w3.org/2008/07/30-au-minutes.html#ActionSummary
>
><jeanne> scribe: jeanne
>
><AnnM_> Discussion over meeting next week. Agreed not to hold 
>official meeting, but a sub-group comprised of those who are working 
>on agenda items will meet, and others can join if they wish.
>
><scribe> scribe: AnnM
>
><AnnM_> Andrew posted response from Sally to list. Her issues 
>remain, but she will wait for new draft to see if appropriate 
>references have been made which resolve her issues.
>
><AnnM_> ACTION: JR and GP to pull together Authoring Tool definition 
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action04]
>
><trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - And GP to pull together Authoring 
>Tool definition [on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].
>
><AnnM_> ACTION: JR follow up with Reed on his actions from the F2F 
>meeting in Seattle. [recorded in 
>http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action05]
>
><trackbot> Created ACTION-18 - Follow up with Reed on his actions 
>from the F2F meeting in Seattle. [on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].
>
><scribe> ACTION: JR to follow up with Reed on open actions. 
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action06]
>
><trackbot> Created ACTION-19 - Follow up with Reed on open actions. 
>[on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].
>
><AnnM_> ACTION: SN follow up with Mike S on open actions. [recorded 
>in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action07]
>
><trackbot> Created ACTION-20 - Follow up with Mike S on open 
>actions. [on Sueann Nichols - due 2008-09-15].
>
><AnnM_> ACTION: JR put together a new editors draft for review and 
>potential publishing as a public draft in a couple of weeks. 
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action08]
>
><trackbot> Created ACTION-21 - Put together a new editors draft for 
>review and potential publishing as a public draft in a couple of 
>weeks. [on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].
>
>AnnM will be on holiday the first two weeks in October
>
><AnnM_> action- 19
>
><AnnM_> ACTION- 19
>
><AnnM_> ACTION- 5
>
><AnnM_> scribe: Ann McMeekin
>
><AnnM_> ScribeNick: AnnM
>Summary of Action Items
>[NEW] ACTION: GP to set up a Connect meeting room for the F2F 
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action03]
>[NEW] ACTION: JR and GP to pull together Authoring Tool definition 
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action04]
>[NEW] ACTION: JR follow up with Reed on his actions from the F2F 
>meeting in Seattle. [recorded in 
>http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action05]
>[NEW] ACTION: JR put together a new editors draft for review and 
>potential publishing as a public draft in a couple of weeks. 
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action08]
>[NEW] ACTION: JR to follow up with Reed on open actions. [recorded 
>in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action06]
>[NEW] ACTION: JS to reserve conference bridge for F2F. [recorded in 
>http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action02]
>[NEW] ACTION: JS to send a list of alternate hotels in Mandelieu 
>area to the mailing list. [recorded in 
>http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action01]
>[NEW] ACTION: SN follow up with Mike S on open actions. [recorded in 
>http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action07]
>
>[End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 8 September 2008 21:28:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 22 September 2008 15:53:08 GMT