W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > July to September 2008

Minutes from AUWG Teleconference of Sep 8

From: Ann McMeekin <ann@equalweb.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 21:52:30 +0100
Message-Id: <54F05206-EA20-42D0-A10C-3F45A7464D23@equalweb.net>
To: AUWG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

WAI-AU
08 Sep 2008

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
     JR, JS, AR, AM, GP, DS, SN, TB
Regrets
     RS
Chair
     Jan_Richards
Scribe
     jeanne, AnnM, Ann McMeekin

Contents

     * Topics
          1. welcome Sueann
          2. F2F in October
          3. Action Items from August
          4. Action item review
     * Summary of Action Items





<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/meetings/scribing.html

<Greg> Conformance with WCAG 2.0 represents the required level of  
accessibility conformance in this stand, though nothing in the  
standard prohibits an author from achieving conformance with a more  
stringent governing standard as long as conformance to WCAG 2 is  
satisfied.
welcome Sueann

Sueann is joining AUWG in place of Mike Squillace, who has been  
promoted and sadly doesn't have time to focus on AUWG at the moment.
F2F in October

Item 1 - discussion on Face to Face meeting at TPAC in Cannes

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2008/10f2f

<jeanne> Hostellerie du Golf

<Greg> I will not be able to attend

<jeanne> ACTION: JS to send a list of alternate hotels in Mandelieu  
area to the mailing list. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action01 
]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-15 - Send a list of alternate hotels in  
Mandelieu area to the mailing list. [on Jeanne Spellman - due  
2008-09-15].

potential attendees: AM, AR, JR (or JT), JS, Matt May (in place of GP)

<Jan> Dana: Will be in Europe at the time and will join F2F if she can  
otherwise by phone

TB will not be able to attend

Sueann is not sure at present

GP will try and join by teleconference

<jeanne> ACTION: JS to reserve conference bridge for F2F. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action02 
]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-16 - Reserve conference bridge for F2F. [on  
Jeanne Spellman - due 2008-09-15].

GP can set up a connect meeting room and that will enable us to share  
desktop information, etc.

<jeanne> ACTION:GP to set up a Connect meeting room for the F2F  
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action03]

<Jan> http://www.w3.org/2008/08/11-au-minutes.html#ActionSummary
Action Items from August
Action item review

that's ok :)

<Greg> Conformance with WCAG 2.0 represents the required level of  
accessibility conformance in this stand, though nothing in the  
standard prohibits an author from achieving conformance with a more  
stringent governing standard as long as conformance to WCAG 2 is  
satisfied.

<AnnM_> (sorry, i got booted)

<jeanne> Conformance with WCAG 2.0 represents the required level of  
accessibility conformance in this stand, though nothing in the  
standard prohibits an author from achieving conformance with an  
alternate governing standard as long as conformance to WCAG 2 is  
satisfied.

<Jan> http://www.w3.org/2008/07/30-au-minutes.html#ActionSummary

<jeanne> scribe: jeanne

<AnnM_> Discussion over meeting next week. Agreed not to hold official  
meeting, but a sub-group comprised of those who are working on agenda  
items will meet, and others can join if they wish.

<scribe> scribe: AnnM

<AnnM_> Andrew posted response from Sally to list. Her issues remain,  
but she will wait for new draft to see if appropriate references have  
been made which resolve her issues.

<AnnM_> ACTION: JR and GP to pull together Authoring Tool definition  
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-17 - And GP to pull together Authoring Tool  
definition [on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].

<AnnM_> ACTION: JR follow up with Reed on his actions from the F2F  
meeting in Seattle. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action05 
]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-18 - Follow up with Reed on his actions from  
the F2F meeting in Seattle. [on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].

<scribe> ACTION: JR to follow up with Reed on open actions. [recorded  
in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-19 - Follow up with Reed on open actions.  
[on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].

<AnnM_> ACTION: SN follow up with Mike S on open actions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action07 
]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-20 - Follow up with Mike S on open actions.  
[on Sueann Nichols - due 2008-09-15].

<AnnM_> ACTION: JR put together a new editors draft for review and  
potential publishing as a public draft in a couple of weeks. [recorded  
in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action08]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-21 - Put together a new editors draft for  
review and potential publishing as a public draft in a couple of  
weeks. [on Jan Richards - due 2008-09-15].

AnnM will be on holiday the first two weeks in October

<AnnM_> action- 19

<AnnM_> ACTION- 19

<AnnM_> ACTION- 5

<AnnM_> scribe: Ann McMeekin

<AnnM_> ScribeNick: AnnM
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: GP to set up a Connect meeting room for the F2F  
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: JR and GP to pull together Authoring Tool definition  
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: JR follow up with Reed on his actions from the F2F  
meeting in Seattle. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action05 
]
[NEW] ACTION: JR put together a new editors draft for review and  
potential publishing as a public draft in a couple of weeks. [recorded  
in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: JR to follow up with Reed on open actions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action06 
]
[NEW] ACTION: JS to reserve conference bridge for F2F. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action02 
]
[NEW] ACTION: JS to send a list of alternate hotels in Mandelieu area  
to the mailing list. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action01 
]
[NEW] ACTION: SN follow up with Mike S on open actions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/08-au-minutes.html#action07 
]

[End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 8 September 2008 20:53:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 22 September 2008 15:53:08 GMT